“Mines are inherently dangerous and extreme caution is to be exercised at all times.”
“Children are to be supervised at all times”
Please be sure that you have a first aid kit!!!
1. Wear safety glasses when hammering, or around other people who are hammering on boulders.
Flying debris from hammering activities can hurt you.
2. Pay close attention to where other people are working. Make sure you don’t spray them with flying debris from your hammering activities. Ask them to move or reposition yourself in order to protect both them and you.
3. Wear gloves to protect your hands. Sharp edges of freshly broken rocks and minerals can cut you.
4. It is suggested you wear steel toed boots when at the digging site. Do NOT wear open toe shoes.
5. Bring and use bug repellant.
6. Wear sun screen.
7. Drink plenty of water while digging.
8. Be aware of your surroundings. Watch for open pits and natural hazards such as spiders, snakes, etc.
9. Practice good safety standards at all times.